Tenuta Madonnina, luxury vacation homes on Etna wine estate
The beautiful wine estate Tenuta Madonnina in Sicily has been transformed by Carla and Tom Boelen into a small-scale vacation resort with luxury vacation homes. On the northern slope of Mount Etna and overlooking the beautiful village of Castiglione di Sicilia there are 8 luxury lifestyle houses ranging from 2 to 8 persons.
Profit from an extra 10% discount, make your reservation before March 1st 2021! If you need to cancel due to your country or Italy travel restrictions we will return your downpayment.
The new split level vacation homes are modern, tastefully decorated and comfortably furnished including a well-equipped Smeg kitchen with oven, refrigerator, dishwasher and 4 gas burners. All houses are equipped with free Wifi.
Culinary evenings and cooking classes
The presence of good kitchen utensils, such as pans, knives and other essentials also make home cooking with fresh sun-ripened products from Sicily a feast.
Eating breakfast, lunch or dinner on your private patio with stunning views of the valley gives you the ultimate "Dolce Vi(t)a" feeling. All bedrooms have box-spring beds with a length of 2.10 meters and the sofa bed in the living room for an additional guest is of excellent quality and large dimensions (1.80m x 2.00m).
The property covers an area of 5 hectares and has a swimming pool surrounded by vineyards and fruit orchards. The children can also make use of the trampoline, table tennis table and the soccer field on the property.
Culinary evenings and cooking classes
2 culinary evenings and one cooking session weekly are organized to introduce the guests to the Sicilian cuisine and our products (including wine and olive oil).
These culinary activities are led by Carla, who is not only the owner but also your hostess and a great Sicily fan with a great passion for the local cuisine.
Weekly cooking workshop (minimum 6 people) focusing on Sicilian cuisine with dinner of the prepared dishes.
Wine and olive oil
Tenuta Madonnina produces wine that is produced according to traditional methods. The Nerello Mascalese grape is grown on more than four hectares. A magnificent tannin-rich grape that produces a excellent wine with a high alcohol content (14˚). Every year we harvest an average of 15,000 kilos of grapes.
The estate is bordered by olive trees. The olives, which are of excellent quality, are harvested in November/December and then cold pressed into oil. The oil is fresh, floral and delicious in taste.
Upon arrival there will be a bottle of tasty red Tenuta Madonnina wine and a bottle of olive oil available in the vacation homes ready.
A reservation for the unforgettable Etna Jeep tour together with the experienced Etna guide Alfio from the village of Castiglione di Sicilia can be arranged at the reception
In the reception area there is a small library with travel guides, cookbooks, magazines and literature about Sicily.
ARRIVAL from 4:00 p.m.
DEPARTURE by 10:00 a.m.
Breakfast or Shopping Basket on request
Request at time of booking.
The basket consists of: butter, cold cuts, cheese, jam, Nutella, yogurt, eggs, milk, orange juice, coffee and tea.
The cost is € 25.00 for 4 people, extra guest € 5.00.
- Tenuta Madonnina
- Address: Contrada Cavalleria 16
- Castiglione di Sicilia
- Phone: tel:(+31) 6 23938386
- Mobile: tel:(+39) 3338 4444 10
- Holiday rentals Olive, Pera, Prugna, Arancia (2-4 pers.), 60 m2, private patio, wifi, living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom with shower. Arancia is on the ground floor.
- Holiday rentals Figo, Albicocca (4-6 pers.), 90 m2, private patio, wifi, 2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, bathroom with shower.
- Holiday home Mascalese (6-8 pers.), 90 m2, wifi, 3 bedrooms, bathroom with shower, living room, kitchen, private patio.
- Holiday home Casa Colonica (4-6 pers.), 65 m2, private patio, wifi, living room with kitchenette, 2 bedrooms, bathroom with shower.
- The rental price includes: unlimited use of WiFi, gas, electricity, water, heating, final cleaning, bed linen (change every 3 to 4 days), bed linen (change every 7 days), kitchen linen and use of the swimming pool. Supplementary costs: The rent is for 2, resp. 4 or 6 persons. For each additional guest (from 4 years) € 120, - per week. Children (from 0 to 3 years) € 60, - per week. Cot available on request.
- Written by Nelleke Pruijs from Genoa (LI Italy) With a career as a tour operator and specialist of Italy behind her, she has been involved from the beginning in the web portal Dolcevia.com, she writes about known and unknown destinations in all regions of Italy and as a lover of Italian cuisine she also manages the recipe book and writes with passion about the origin of regional dishes and ingredients. After 5 years in Rome, she recently moved to Genoa in Liguria where she now delves into the secrets that this region still holds. Nelleke was born and grew up in the Netherlands. Visit my website